Customer interactive point of sale systems (C.I.P.O.S.) are technological innovations brought about by the high functionality of the modern marketplace. From the iconography of the online shopping cart to the floors of industry-leading showrooms worldwide, interactive point of sale systems are revolutionizing the closing process with new means of accuracy, ease, and engagement.
How POS Systems Operate
Broadly speaking, point of sale (POS) systems describe both the hardware and software that enable customers to finalize transactions and sales during the checkout process. Once a customer first decides to acquire a particular good or service, either in-person or online, the POS software automatically calculates the transaction’s appropriate price and sales tax. The system then accepts a customer’s payment and completes the sale with cash, credit or debit card, loyalty points, or vouchers. On the business end of the transaction, the point of sale system will automatically update inventory counts, keep sales records, and automate safe, secure payment processing.
How An Interactive Point of Sale System Differs
In short, unlike traditional POS systems, interactive point of sale software redirects the emphasis on sales toward user experience and informative buying. Whether through digital storefronts or in-person showrooms, C.I.P.O.S. systems endow customers with real-time purchasing power while navigating their options before finalizing a decision. Moreover, these systems save sales professionals valuable time that could be better spent engaging with and assisting other customers.
The Core Components of an Interactive Point of Sale System
C.I.P.O.S. systems integrate seamlessly with existing retail infrastructure and technology to maximize the capabilities of commerce systems end-to-end. With the vitality of eCommerce trending ever upward, these systems maximize online presence and improve the ease with which potential customers can navigate the digital marketplace. The core components of an interactive point of sale system are as follows:
- Optimized UX Design. Clear, direct interfaces help keep customers engaged and make them adopt an active role during the sales process. With interactive product display, clients can toggle between offerings and turn to built-in customer support modules with any questions.
- Accurate and Up-to-Date Information. With C.I.P.O.S. software, individual product or more extensive project quotes are always in conversation with a manufacturer’s details, prices, and specifications. In addition, enriched SKU & product data is instantly fetched and displayed for customers and associates upon request.
- Customization. Interactive systems allow for custom price groups and branded PDFs based on the consumer-targeted during the sale. In addition, price quotes, picture portfolios, and custom catalogs can be created and displayed instantly. Plus, customers can scan productions while waiting for the sales professional, adding an additional layer of interaction.
- In-Depth Product Documentation & Specs. Images, videos, and measurements pulled directly from manufacturer databases help customers make informed choices during the closing process, expanding their understanding of how specific goods and services may be differentiated from one another. This, in turn, increases a business’s potential for upselling.
- Brand Expansive. Aesthetic sales interfaces are yet another tool for telling your company’s story. Customers leave a given transaction with a clearer, more holistic sense of the brand they’re engaging with after having experienced the multiplicity and specificity of its offerings.
- User Friendly. C.I.P.O.S. makes it easy for new employees to navigate the showroom, retrieve product information, and interact with customers. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the QR C.I.P.O.S. integration drives production information and options to the sales professional, shortening the sales cycle and maximizing the time of your sales professionals.
- Seamless Integration. C.I.P.O.S. is not just for online transactions, it is also important to incorporate it into the brick-and-mortar showroom. Many customers enjoy going into the physical showroom and looking at the products, and by incorporating C.I.P.O.S. and its technology into your physical showroom, you are expanding your audience reach, optimizing your system, and bringing your brick-and-mortar to life.
Why is A C.I.P.O.S. Important for Business?
Shorten Sales Cycles
Interactive point of sale systems shortens sales cycles by ensuring that customers have all the tools they need to make an informed decision right at their fingertips. They won’t need to waste as much time agonizing over complex choices and obfuscated answers about the products and services they intend to invest in. This also means that customers are less likely to experience buyer’s remorse or return their products due to higher initial levels of awareness when purchasing. More information on the front end, be it through pictures, measurements, or product descriptions, means buyers are likely to make more informed satisfactory choices.
Empower The Sales Experience
At their core, C.I.P.O.S. systems are designed to give customers a better familiarity with the products they engage with. Through custom catalog generation, price groups, and in-built customer support, an interactive point of sale system centers versatility and personalization during the closing experience. Informative buying expands the shopping experience without creating redundancies and detrimental choice paralysis. As a result, your business will maximize the potential for upselling high-quality products because buyers can easily navigate and compare unique product specs.
Expand Client Retention and Increase Sales Volume
Most businesses expend a high volume of resources on the front end of a sales transaction, funneling revenue towards departments like advertising, the hiring of personnel, and brand expansion to accommodate new clientele and demographics. While all these channels remain prerogatives for driving revenue and general brand awareness, the POS experience dictates what happens when people are already engaging with your offerings. Once a customer has decided to make a purchase or close on a sale, their experience during closing carries deep significance.
The ideal scenario for any business is for a singular sale to transform into a satisfied return customer. After a deal, leaving them with a positive impression is one of the most critical aspects of generating long-term loyalty. That is exactly what C.I.P.O.S. systems are designed to do: improve customer satisfaction through consistent engagement and dependable information.
Adopt an Interactive Point of Sale System With SpecBooks
SpecBooks’ C.I.P.O.S. solutions can revolutionize how businesses navigate their sales experiences by empowering and informing customers, eliminating redundancies, and shortening sales cycles overall. Whether in-store or online, CIPOS is personalized, efficient, and sure to provide a robust ROI.
SpecBooks’ software is effective for large and small businesses at any developmental stage. Today, we’ve helped pioneer the future of the sales experience at over 4,800 locations worldwide for countless business ventures and entrepreneurs. Discover more about how your business stands to benefit by reviewing our extensive offerings or getting in touch via phone or email today.